Beginners Blacksmithing Class : Come Try It!
This fun and energetic beginner level blacksmithing class, at Cleveland Blacksmithing in Ohio City, guarantees good times and enthusiastic hands-on instruction that is simple and informative. Over the course of 3 hours, you’ll have the freedom to explore different ways of moving hot metal after learning basic forging skills. Working at an anvil with hammers and tongs, you’ll practice techniques such as scrolling, drawing out, and twisting by making projects to take home such as “J” and “S” hooks, fire pokers, bottle openers, pendants, or some just call it art!
This class is simply designed to 'get your feet wet.' Come as one or bring a friend with our share-an-anvil option. Either way, you will have had the awesome new experience of hammering and forming hot iron.
• No previous metalworking experience is necessary.
• Cost includes all steel, fuel, welding consumables and other shop supplies involved in introductory instruction.
• Must be covered from the waist down and have on closed toe shoes.
• This is a private event, so BYOB if you see fit.
• Please visit our FAQ page on our website for more info.
This is a 3 hour one-time class. Class size is limited to ensure everyone receives personalized instruction.
Please visit https://clevelandblacksmithing.com/ for dates and tickets.